Don't we all love something a little apocalyptic every once in a while?

Monday, November 30, 2009

GRE

To say that I'm annoyed because I have to take this GRE is an understatement. (Livid is an overstatement.) A friend of mine let me borrow his books from when he took the test some two or three years ago. I flipped through it yesterday night at around 2am. One thought: where in the hell do they find these words? A second thought: This can't possibly tell anyone if I'm a talented writer or not. All of those GRE-requiring programs out there need to take a page from Brown and Iowa; the GRE should not be required for MFA applicants, case closed. Sure, I understand that it usually isn't the CW department whose responsible for this requirement. I also understand that universities may use these scores to influence your financial aid packets. But, darn, is there a better way?

No comments:

Post a Comment